REQUESTING A COPY OF AN ACCIDENT REPORT
If you have been in a traffic accident, you may request a copy of the accident report.
The accident report is available approximately 15 days after the accident and a copy can be obtained either at a service outlet or by mail.
AT A SERVICE OUTLET
You can get a copy of an accident report for a traffic accident by going to one of our service outlets and having us print it out for you. Fees apply.
To order the report by mail, you must send us:
- the name of the individual or business involved in the accident
- the accident occurrence number: this 18-digit number is assigned by the police officer who filed the accident report
- the licence plate number of the vehicle involved (this number can be found on the registration certificate)
- the driver’s licence number of the driver involved (this number can be found on the driver’s licence)
- a cheque to cover the applicable fees
Send the required information to:
Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec (act. 1518)
Case postale 19600, succursale Terminus
333, boulevard Jean-Lesage
Québec (Québec) G1K 8J6
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING AN ACCIDENT REPORT FOR SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF
If you are making the request on behalf of an individual or a legal person (business), you must also provide (regardless of whether you make the request by mail or in person at one of our service outlets) an authorization to disclose information concerning the individual or business on whose behalf you are making the request (except if you are making the request for your minor child whose name was entered on the accident report).